Monday, September 08, 2008

"In better hands now"

I just saw the music video to this song (by Natalie Grant). Before seeing the video, I thought the song was about being protected and "in better hands" once you give your life over to Christ (agreed). It seems I wasn't exactly on the same page with what the artist was saying though. She seems to be talking about when we go to Heaven. That's great and I agree, of course. But I guess I am just not in the place where I can handle the reality for those left behind. The song is meant to give those who are hurting peace and comfort. Instead, I am feeling more traumatized by the images than anything. The video isn't graphic at all. But to see the agony of a mother holding an empty baby blanket, to see the little boy running slow motion into the road to get his ball while a car is coming...it's just too much. I don't want to let my kids out of my sight. I don't want to drive anywhere. It all just seems to risky. But the reality is that if it is God's time, nothing I do or don't do is going to change that.

God, please protect my family from separation or harm (especially while we are all so young). Let us continue to live for You here on earth for years to come, and give us peace that Your plan is always the one that is best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvcrnqUNPc

3 comments:

Liz Nyenhuis said...

You're right, the video is very disturbing, but here's something to think about:

You can only be in better hands later if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savoir now. If you wait until you go, it will be too late.

I am glad to know that when my time comes, when your time comes, when our families' times come, that we will all be in better hands.

Meteora said...

I just watched that video, and now I'm bawling my eyes out. Emily and Chrissy watched part of it with me, and when it showed the little boy laying on the ground I grabbed 'em both and hugged 'em really tight.
Was that guy in the black suit and umbrella supposed to represent death coming to people or something? He didn't look evil, but there was something really sad about him and the way he would walk up to someone and touch their shoulder.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that guy seemed to be the one to let everyone know it was 'time'. I'm still bothered by it all, and I haven't seen it in almost 2 months.

Rachel- I never even knew you had a blog. Now you need to posting on it again so I can read your updates.